Queso Blanco Dip is a creamy cheese dip made with freshly shredded Pepper Jack cheese, milk, and butter with a spicy kick from jalapenos and cayenne pepper. It’s a dip that is as easy to make as it is delicious and addicting! Be sure to pair it with homemade tortilla chips or pita chips.
Queso Blanco Dip
Queso Blanco Dip is creamy and cheesy, and just a little bit spicy. We used Pepper Jack cheese for added peppers, but we didn’t go overboard on the spice. If you happen to be one of those people who really like spice, you can always adjust the heat by adding extra jalapenos or cayenne pepper. Just a warning though, no matter how you prepare it, this dip is addicting!
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and can vary based on the products used as well as changes made to the recipe. If these numbers are very important to you, I would recommend calculating them yourself.
Queso Blanco Dip
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup (122.5 g) whole milk
- 2 cups (224 g) Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced, plus more for garnish (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Slowly pour in milk, allowing it to completely heat through. (It should not come to a boil; keep on low heat.) Once the milk is heated through, begin to slowly add the cheese in small amounts, whisking constantly in between each addition. Make sure the cheese is completely melted before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the jalapeno, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately.