Homemade Pita Chips are an easy-to-make snack made with pita bread, oil, and a delicious seasoning mixture. Serve this amazing dip with our homemade hummus, or any of your favorite dips!
How to Make Pita Chips
Making pita chips is a simple process that involves a few simple ingredients. You start with pita bread which can either be store-bought, or you can make your own pita bread from scratch. Simply brush the bread with oil and a delicious seasoning mixture. Then, cut it into smaller, chip-sized pieces. Bake or air fry until crispy! The chips will be crispy on the outside, and slightly soft on the inside. They are great served warm or at room temperature.
substitution and variations
Substitutions for Pita Bread
The main ingredient in pita chips is pita bread. What substitutions are available if you can’t find regular pita bread and you still want a crispy snack? You can use whole grain or whole wheat pita bread, naan bread, or even tortillas and still get a crispy, tasty snack.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and can vary based on the products used as well as changes made to the recipe. If these numbers are very important to you, I would recommend calculating them yourself.
Homemade Pita Chips
- 4 whole pita pockets
- ¼ cup (53 g) olive oil
- ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Using a pastry brush, liberally brush pita bread on both sides with olive oil. Then, sprinkle the seasoning mix onto both sides of the pitas.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges and arrange on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on one side. Then, using a spatula, flip over the chips and continue baking for another 6-8 minutes, or until uniformly golden and crisp.
- Serve while warm or at room temperature with hummus or other dips.