These Mashed Potatoes are full of flavor and velvety smooth. The secret? A clever combination of russet potatoes, cream cheese, and sour cream. Buckle up for a creamy journey that transforms your ordinary potatoes into a rich, luxurious treat. If you love potatoes, make sure to check out my no-fail baked potato recipe too!
How to Make the Creamiest Mashed Potatoes
While traditional mashed potatoes rely on butter, our version takes a unique turn with minimal butter and a generous dose of cream cheese and sour cream. Discover the magic of achieving unparalleled smoothness without the need for a hand-held mixer or ricer – simplicity at its finest.
How to Serve Mashed Potatoes
Customize each serving with a drizzle of melted butter, a sprinkle of fresh parsley or scallions, creating a feast that caters to all taste preferences. Serve with or without gravy. We don’t think you’ll miss it. Some good meal pairing options are:
Why are My Potatoes Lumpy?
Did your potatoes turn out Lumpy? Fear not. For lumps, a touch of milk or cream over low heat will smoothen them out. Watery consistency can be addressed by cooking over low heat to evaporate excess moisture – just keep a watchful eye and stir frequently to prevent burning.
- 10 medium russet potatoes, rinse, peeled, quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- unsalted butter, melted
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cover. Simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Return the potatoes to the pot and add cream cheese, sour cream, and garlic salt. Using a potato masher, mash the mixture together until creamy. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with melted butter and parsley