Roasted Blackened Chicken is a delightful ensemble of chicken breasts nestled amidst tomatoes, jalapenos, and red onions, all seasoned with a zesty blackened seasoning. This easy-to-prep recipe not only streamlines your dinner routine but also ensures each bite is a perfect blend of savory goodness with a hint of spice. If you’re a fan of bold, mouthwatering dishes, this one’s for you! Don’t forget to check out my simple oven-roasted chicken breasts!
How to Make Blacked Roasted Chicken
The charm of this recipe lies in its utter simplicity. All ingredients come together harmoniously on a single pan, effortlessly seasoned, and then baked to perfection. As the chicken and veggies roast, you’ll find yourself with a luxurious 25-minute window – a golden opportunity to tackle anything else on your to-do list.
ingredients & substitutions
Opt for boneless, skinless chicken breasts ensuring they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. You can also substitute with chicken thighs.
Blackened seasoning is a perfect blend of Cajun and Creole spices. In a pinch, you could just use cajun or creole seasonings.
Cherry tomatoes offer sweetness. You can substitute with Roma or grape tomatoes. Just make sure they are cut into smaller pieces.
You can adjust these to taste. Jalapenos add extra heat. Reduce or omit for a milder version, as the blackened seasoning already provides spiciness. You can also drive the spice up a bit by subbing with a spicier pepper, like habanero.
Red onions contribute a mild sweetness; white or yellow onions can be substitutes.
How to Serve Roasted Blackened Chicken
- Over white rice
- Wrapped in a tortilla
- Paired with refried beans or cornbread
- Alongside a fresh salad like our Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad
- Add some homemade tortilla chips and salsa
Roasted Blackened Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to an even thickness
- 1 package (10 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, sliced into rounds (about ¼ cup)
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced into ½ -inch pieces (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup (54 g) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- lime wedges for serving
- cilantor, chopped for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Top with chicken, tomatoes, jalapenos, and red onion.
- Drizzle everythign in oil, turning and tossing to coat evenly. Evenly season with blackened seasoning.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (165°F).S
- Generously squeeze fresh lime juice over the dish before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.