Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball—a mouthwatering blend of creamy cheese, zesty onions, spicy jalapenos, savory ranch seasoning, and crispy bacon. This appetizer is a quick and easy-to-make crowd-pleaser that will elevate your snacking game. If you’re a fan of flavorful dips, make sure to try our homemade hummus for more delicious options.
Sink your teeth into a delectable cheese ball that boasts an explosion of amazing flavors, complemented by the bacon both inside and out. Quick to assemble and even quicker to disappear, this addictive appetizer is perfect for sharing and pairs perfectly with crackers, pretzels, or toasted bread. This would be great addition to any holiday party or even a football party!
- Bacon: Cooked to perfection, the bacon in this recipe is crispy every time!
- Jalapeno: Customize the spice level by selecting milder (like poblano or annahiem) or spicier jalapenos (like serrano or habanero).
- Cheeses: A harmonious blend of cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese creates a creamy base that perfectly complements the bacon and jalapeno flavors.
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Bites
For an irresistibly convenient snacking experience, transform this cheese ball into a bite-sized cheese ball recipe. Rolling the cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls not only makes for easy popping but also allows for a perfect topping on your favorite cracker. Adjust the bacon quantity as needed to cover all the bite-sized cheese balls.
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
- 10 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (226 g) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, diced
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lay the individual slices of bacon on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy. (time will vary based on how thick your bacon is).
- Allow the bacon to cool while you prepare the cheese ball.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cheese, onions, jalapenos, and ranch seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Fold in half of the cooled crumbled bacon.
- Use a spatula to begin brining the cream cheese mixture together in the center of the bowl.
- Set out a large piece of plastic wrap and pour the cream cheese mixture into the center.
- Used greased hands to form the mixture into a rounded ball shape.
- Wrap the ball in the plastic wrap and fold together the edges to seal everything in.
- Chill one hour, or until firm.
- Pour remaining bacon onto clean work surface. Roll the cheese ball in the remaining bacon.
- Serve with crackers.