Our Ham and Cheese Breakfast sliders are crafted with the sweetness of King’s Hawaiian rolls. These mini breakfast sandwiches, loaded with scrambled eggs, ham, and a duo of cheeses, are not only a family favorite but also a quick and easy way to start your day on a delicious note. Discover the simple steps to assemble these sliders and customize them to your liking! If you are looking for more breakfast ideas, be sure to check out these easy, make-ahead, freezer breakfast burritos.
Our Ham and Cheese Breakfast sliders boast a unique twist, using the soft and slightly sweet King’s Hawaiian Rolls as the base. Adding scrambled eggs, deli ham, sharp cheddar, and mozzarella cheese creates a harmonious blend of flavors that the whole family can enjo
Specialty & substitutions
Eggs: Start with six eggs for the velvety scrambled eggs in this recipe. Whisk them with salt and pepper for that perfect seasoning. You could also serve this with fried eggs for a fun twist!
Rolls: Opt for the irresistibly soft King’s Hawaiian Rolls, adding a hint of sweetness to complement the savory ingredients. Regular dinner rolls, English muffins, or bagels can be used, but we find that the Kings brand offers an additional sweetness that we love.
Meat: Deli ham slices provide a delicious meaty element, though leftover ham can be a great alternative. Feel free to add even more meats, like bacon, Canadian bacon, or breakfast sausage.
Cheeses: Elevate the sliders’ cheesiness with a combination of sharp cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Feel free to experiment with your favorite cheese blend.
Butter Topping: The secret to our sliders’ decadence lies in the seasoned melted butter brushed over the tops of the rolls, enhancing their flavor.
How to Make Breakfast Sliders
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper, then cook until set. Set aside.
- Split the rolls in half and place the bottom halves in a baking dish.
- Layer cheddar, ham, scrambled eggs, and mozzarella on the buns.
- Top with the reserved half of the buns.
- Mix melted butter with garlic salt and Italian seasoning, then brush over the top halves of the rolls.
- Tent with foil and bake until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slices ham
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- parsely, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F spray and small baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, salt, and pepper and whisk together until combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to gently pull the eggs across the pan, forming curds as you go until no liquid egg remains. .
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Use a knife to the rolls in half. Place the bottom halves of the rolls in the prepared baking dish.
- Top the bottom half of the rolls with with the cheddar cheese slices, ham slices, cooked eggs, and the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining bun halves.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and garlic salt.
- Brush the rolls with the melted butter mixture.
- Tent the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm, topped with parsley for garnish.